Our friend Dima makes the best almond butter cookies and she kindly gave us the recipe to share. They’re perfect, bite-sized rounds that are crisp round the edges and fudgy in the middle. We always have some in the freezer and love baking a tray to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon.
The beauty of this recipe is it’s simplicity; it really is a 5-ingredient recipe and takes no time to put together. We use our recipe for sweet apricot kernels here to make almond butter with our dry-roasted and salted Shakhurbai almonds. The savoriness of these particular almonds gives the cookies a deeply warm, nutty flavor.
Download Recipe ⇩
Dima’s Almond Butter Cookies
Recipe by Dima Hamati
- 10 minutes active prep
- 15 minutes rest
- 8 minutes baking
- 260g / 1 cup Ziba almond butter (this recipe using our Shakhurbai almonds)
- 215g / 11/8 cups muscovado sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1-2 teaspoons flaky salt
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond butter, sugar, cinnamon, and egg in a bowl and mix until smooth and thick.
- Use a teaspoon-size cookie scoop to drop heaping teaspoons of dough onto the baking trays, making sure to spread them out about an inch apart.
- Sprinkle generously with flaky salt, then pop in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to firm up (you can freeze them at this point and bake them at a later date).
- Bake, from frozen, for about 8 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through, until the edges are just starting to brown and the tops are crackly. Be careful not to overbake (or they’ll become tough and chewy).
- Once out of the oven, allow the cookies cool completely. This cooling period creates a crisp exterior and fudgy center.