PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes + overnight to set
We love chia bowls for a quick snack or a grab-and-go breakfast: you know, for those busy mornings where time is of the essence. It’s super quick and easy to prep the night before, saving valuable minutes. This recipe makes one bowl but can be easily adjusted to serve any number of people. The choice of toppings is endless, but we put our favorite Ziba superfood combo here.
- 1 cup almond milk (homemade recipe here)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or vanilla
- 4 dried figs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon roasted and salted apricot kernels, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried mulberries
- Silicone spatula
- In a bowl, combine the almond milk with maple syrup and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the chia seeds and stir, making sure the seeds don’t clump. After a minute or two, the pudding should begin to thicken.
- Cover your bowl and allow the chia pudding to set in your refrigerator. Overnight is best, but a couple of hours work, too.
- Once your chia pudding is set, add your toppings and enjoy!