PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
YIELDS: 1½ Cups of pesto (good for 1 lbs. pasta if using)
The flavors of Italy are in the hearts of many of us at Ziba, and so a delicious (and nutritious) pesto is a staple in our
homes. In our favorite version, we pair our perfectly creamy Parwan walnuts with kale and basil. We love it stirred
into pasta, on toast with avocado and sun-dried tomatoes, as a dip with raw vegetables, or even as a dressing for
- 3 Cloves garlic
- ¾ Cup toasted Parwan walnuts by Ziba
- 2 Cups chopped kale, packed
- 1 Cup basil, packed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- ¼ Cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Food processor
- In a food processor, add the garlic and walnuts, and process until minced.
- Add the kale, basil, and sea salt and run the food processor until all of the ingredients are coarsely chopped. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the food processor a couple of times.
- Once the ingredients are about 1/3 their original volume, drizzle in the olive oil and run the food processor until you have a cohesive sauce.